Pages

Saturday, June 23, 2012

Birds Make Nests

I'm "nesting", and honestly it's quite ridiculous that I'm nesting before I'm even halfway through this pregnancy! All I can think about is going to Lowe's and buying up everything in the store to turn this 100+ year old house into a home. Granted, Trey and I have plans to try to move within the near future. That was before I got pregnant with #2 so there is no telling how that will work out in the end. Our goal is Florida (though, truthfully, I'd rather move to Colorado -- I'm a mountain girl, but hubby is a beach guy), but that goal is looking to be out of reach for the near future.


So I'm sitting here and looking through Better Homes & Gardens, and all I can think is: "I need this, that, those -- give me something like that..." -- our house is a wreck. It's a cluttered mess, dirty, old, the foundation is terrible on it, but it has a lot of memories in it. Good memories. It belonged to my grandparents, whom we currently rent it from. Still, as much as I love the memories here I'm beginning to despise the house.


I just need something...a splash of color, something other than the bare white walls or the dull yellow walls in the bedrooms and bathroom. I need to either fix it up to feel like a place I want to live in, or box up a ton of stuff and tell Trey it's time to get ready for a move. I'd like the latter, actually. At least then I could start over and get things straight.


I just need to make sure wherever I move to has a dishwasher...

No comments:

Post a Comment